Media Officer, Hugh Street, Victoria, London
Permanent, full time
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly creative, motivated and success-driven person with proven PR or journalism skills to join a passionate team as we continue to raise the profile of leading pet charity Blue Cross.
The role Media Officer is to raise the profile of Blue Cross as a leading pet charity by securing widespread media coverage and effectively communicating our aims and objectives, while protecting our reputation.
This is a permanent, full time contract working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Due, however, to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• A-level education or equivalent
• Qualification in media or journalism desirable
• Demonstrable paid experience as a Media Officer Or Media Assistant, ideally in a charity environment
• Proven track record of quickly spotting, developing and pitching national news stories and/or coming up with and implementing creative ideas in the planning and delivery of national PR campaigns
• Excellent news writing and communication skills
• Building rapport and productive relationships with internal and external contacts, including high profile supporters and celebrities, to maximise impact of campaigns
It would also be great if you had:
• A familiarity and interest in pet care and pet welfare issues
• An understanding of organising and directing photo shoots
• NCTJ qualification
Want to know more? Great! We have attached the job description which will provide you with more detailed information.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
Salary: £24,940 - £29,000 plus London Weighting Allowance of £3,954 per annum
Closing date: 14th August 2020
Interview Dates: Week commencing 24th August 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.