Registered Veterinary Nurse, Grimsby animal hospital
We are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
Do you want to feel that you have really made a difference? Are you looking for a new challenge? Great, this is an excellent opportunity to further advance and develop your nursing skills in a highly equipped hospital.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly, highly qualified and exceptionally accommodating team at our purpose built, fully equipped hospital.
Close to Cleethorpes with its lovely beach, the hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds (an area of outstanding natural beauty), the beautiful historical city of Lincoln (home of the Magna Carta) and the lovely market town of Louth.
The position is working 12 hours on a Saturday, 8am-8pm and either 2 or 38.5 hour days per week (days negotiable). On Saturday, you will be a crucial member of our emergency team which involves triaging emergency cases, assisting the veterinary surgeon with the treatment of emergency cases and the treatment of inpatients.
Your key accountabilities include:
• Dispensing medication as instructed by the veterinary surgeon
• Provision of nurse clinics to include vaccination clinics and education of the general public with regard to pet welfare
• Monitoring and administering treatments to patients in kennels and maintaining records.
• Maintaining anaesthesia and surgically assisting the veterinary surgeon in theatre
• Preparing samples in the laboratory for postage and performing some routine laboratory tests
• Assisting the receptionist as required with booking appointments, record keeping, receipt of donations etc.
• Providing excellent customer service to our customers
Out of hours work is shared on a rota. Working hours include a paid lunch hour and additional breaks.
You will have good communication and organisational skills and an ability to stay calm under pressure. A caring and enthusiastic attitude is required together with the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Fully qualified Veterinary Nurse
• Registered with RCVS
• Confident in all aspects of veterinary nursing
• Demonstrable customer service skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Provision of nursing clinics
• Laboratory skills
• Use of computerised records
Want to know more? Great! We have attached are recruitment pack which will tell you more about life in our hospital and the role. We have also attached the job description which will provide you with more detailed information.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process. Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held via Skype/Microsoft Teams.
Salary: Salary Range £19,780- £25,00 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.