Senior Management Accountant, Burford, Oxfordshire
What is the role?
In this role you will support and deputise for the Financial Controller and also manage, coach and mentor Finance team members. Your focus will be to ensure the smooth running of the finance operations and ensure that high standards, accurate reporting and controls are in place.
This is a varied and busy role which covers a broad range of financial areas including statutory requirements, management accounting, budgeting and general support to areas of the charity. In addition, you will be involved in project work in particular, looking at ways to streamline the budget process and looking at new systems improvements and automation of processes.
You will be responsible for key regulatory processes such as the completion and submission of Value Added Tax returns to HMRC, statutory accounts and also assist the Financial Controller in the preparation for the internal and external audit processes.
If you are looking for a broad and varied role, where you can apply your skills across a wide range of disciplines then please read on.
Your normal hours of work are 35 hours per week.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
• Experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Experience in leading, managing, motivating and developing a team
• Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
• Team worker- professional, flexible and enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and meet deadlines with accuracy
• Outcome focused with strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Training skills
• Understanding of UK GAAP reporting and consolidation accounting
• Business awareness and commercial acumen
• Experience in setting, controlling and managing budget.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant systems and databases
• Regular travel will be required to Rehoming Centres and Hospitals.
It would also be great if you had:
• Graduate with a degree from an accounting discipline
• Experience of a deadline driven environment
• Knowledge of reconciliations and the ability to drill down to the cause of a problem
• Working knowledge of asset development projects
• Knowledge of Access Dimensions Finance System or similar
• VAT and Partial Exemption.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held virtually.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Salary: £35,336 - £44,730 per annum
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
Interview Dates: XXX
The first stage of our recruitment process will be a competency-based interview to find out more about you and we will share lots more information on the role. These will be held during the first two weeks in July Following this, we will invite shortlisted applicants to attend a second stage which will contain a financial assessment activity.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.