Clinical Development Manager, flexible Burford/London/home-based with regular presence at Burford
Permanent, full time
Blue Cross is passionate about our vision that every pet should live a healthy life in a happy
home and in delivering our mission to improve the welfare and quality of life for all pets. Caring for animals since 1897, today we help over 40,000 horses, cats, dogs and small animals each year. Understanding implicitly how valuable relationships between animals and humans are, we also support pet owners at times of need.
Our veterinary services provide lifesaving preventive and emergency treatment for the pets of those unable to afford private vet fees. We’re a nation of pet lovers and in the last three years we’ve significantly expanded our services but unfortunately, UK poverty is rising and demand for our help has never been greater. This, coupled with significant changes to the veterinary and consumer landscape, calls for new approaches to how we meet this need.
What is the role?
As the Clinical Development Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to take the lead on designing innovative and sustainable ways to deliver veterinary services. At the heart of this will be the user, whether that be pet owner, hospital teams or suppliers, as ultimately, if we want to have an even greater social impact, our services need to be user friendly and meet their needs.
With that in mind, you’ll be responsible for capturing user insight and using this to inform the design of new veterinary service models, as well as improving our existing ones. But it doesn’t stop there, once you have your evidence base, you’ll work with colleagues from across Blue Cross as well as the dedicated clinical development support team, to bring your designs to life. Leading on implementation and evaluation, before handing over to business as usual.
The standard hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday, and we are open to home-based working, but you will need to have a regular presence at our Burford support office in Oxfordshire.
Want to know more in detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need but if you’d like an informal conversation, you can contact our Head of Clinical Development, Richard Casey, on 07824105100.
Interviews will be a competency-based interview and presentation held on 6th and 13th March in Burford, Oxfordshire.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Educated to degree level in a business, social sciences, or IT related subject, or equivalent work experience.
• Project management qualification such as PRINCE2/AGILE, or clear demonstrable experience managing a variety of projects through the full project cycle
• Ability to use a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Process analysis and mapping, including use of Microsoft Visio
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, to include report writing, business cases, proposals, presentation delivery and workshop facilitation
• Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation, as well as externally
• Knowledge of the digital landscape, how it is changing and influencing consumer behaviour
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience from within the animal welfare or charity sector
• Six Sigma/LEAN qualification.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Salary: £31,205 to £39,500 per annum
Closing date: 19th February 2020