Digital Content Officer, Victoria, London
12 month fixed term contract part time
What is the role?
One of our ambitions at Blue Cross is to become a leader in providing high quality pet advice and information. While we are pretty good at doing this already, this role can help us to become even better. You will work closely with internal subject matter experts to take their knowledge and translate this into easy to understand pet advice. You will develop and optimise content for our digital channels and ensure that it meets the needs of our audiences, helping us to make Blue Cross the place to go to for pet advice and information.
You will work closely with the Digital Content Manager and Digital Team to deliver the content strategy, develop and update the content plan and up-skill the wider charity in user-focused design methods. In addition to this, this varied role will see you scoping, writing, editing, publishing, and evaluating digital content and developing relationships with subject matter experts across the charity.
If you are interested in helping us to become a leader in providing even better pet advice, then this may be the role for you.
Your normal hours of work are 14/21 hours per week (2/3 days dependent on applicant availability)
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
• Knowledge and experience of user-centred content design, developing, analysing and iterating content to meet user needs and charity objectives
• Substantial experience of writing for digital channels with the ability to create accessible and usable content
• Proven experience in gathering and using metrics and user feedback to define and refine content
• Demonstrable experience of researching and writing engaging content for a variety of digital channels
• Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to build good working relationships across the whole organisation and with our audiences
• Substantial experience using content management systems
• Deep understanding of SEO and how this relates to content development
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Experience of using Google Analytics
It would also be great if you had:
• A familiarity and interest in pet care and pet welfare issues
• An understanding of wider digital marketing approaches
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Salary: Salary range £23,721 - £30,027 Plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance if based in London (pro rata)
Closing Date: 24 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.