Regional Fundraising Officer – London and South East, home based
Permanent, full time.
We are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Are you looking for your next challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to join our developing Community and Events Fundraising team within the Fundraising, Marketing and Communication Directorate. The role, covering the London and South East region, forms a vital part of our plans to increase support for Blue Cross through our Volunteer Ambassador Programme, community fundraising groups and DIY Fundraising recruitment. At the heart of your role will be working with our London hospitals who provide a hub for our volunteer and fundraising activity.
If you would like to be at the centre of working to help animals in need we’d love to hear from you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Full driving license and have transport readily available
• Educated to degree level or equivalent or experience in an appropriate field
• Demonstrable experience in Community fundraising role
• Demonstrable experience in running regional local fundraising appeals
• Recruitment and managing volunteer fundraising groups and individual fundraisers
• Planning of fundraising events programme and evaluation of fundraising opportunities
• Working with the media
• Working with other fundraising teams to deliver diverse activities including events, corporate partnerships and key supporter/cultivation activities
• Excellent written and face to face communication skills, with an aptitude for interacting with colleagues and supporters on all levels
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), databases and the Internet
It would also be great if you had:
• Certificate in Fundraising
• Knowledge of fundraising databases (ideally CARE)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.
Closing Date: 12 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.