Horse Rehoming Coordinator, Burford horse rehoming centre
Permanent, Full Time
What is the role?
We are currently recruiting for a Horse Rehoming Coordinator to join our fabulous team at the Burford horse rehoming unit. The Rehoming Coordinator is responsible for maximizing the rehoming opportunities and minimizing the delay in delivering a first class and professional rehoming service, this is inclusive of our external rehoming scheme’s. You will have great customer service skills and have a friendly manner being the first point of call for rehoming queries. The Rehoming Coordinator will oversee the promotion of horses that are available for rehoming through the website, social media and other media opportunities.
This is a full-time permanent contract working 42 hours per week on a on a locally agreed rota, including weekends & bank holidays. Due, to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands. For full details of this role please read the attached job description.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Valid manual driving licence
• GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent
• Significant broad experience of working in the equine industry, including a working knowledge of caring for a variety of field kept and stabled horses
• Experience in matching horses to potential new owners
• Knowledge and understanding of common horse ailments and veterinary procedures
• Experience of working in a customer service environment, successfully managing multiple tasks and resolving customer concerns
• Experience of working to strict health and safety procedures
• Experience of supervising people including volunteers
• Excellent communication and the ability to communicate with several different channels, literacy, numerical, computer and administrative skills
It would also be great if you had:
• BHS A1/Stage 3 or equivalent
• Experience of the welfare sector and caring for horses in a rehoming environment
• Understanding of modern behaviour theory and practice
• B&E trailer driving & experience
• Experience of public speaking, presenting to groups and PR
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Salary £15,910-£20,000 per annum
• Employee Assistance Program
• Pension scheme
• Company sick pay
• Life Insurance
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Salary: £15,910 - £20,000 per annum
Closing Date: 28th January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.