Internal Communications Manager, Burford Offices
10 month (approximately) fixed term contract, full time
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Internal Communications Manager to join Blue Cross on a ten month (approximately) fixed term contract to cover maternity.
As an Internal Communications Manager, you will have the chance to play a pivotal role in leading the delivery of a comprehensive and effective internal communications strategy across a charity that’s been helping pets since 1897. The internal communications will help to illustrate the bigger picture, helping employees and volunteers to understand the overall direction and motivate them to achieve the charity’s vision.
Supported by the Internal Communications Specialist, you will have a strong background in internal communications with experience in communications strategy. You will oversee the delivery of internal campaigns, change programmes, key announcements and employee communications. This job involves working with teams from across the organisation including those from our animal hospitals, rehoming centres and marketing teams.
The role also involves visiting other Blue Cross sites to direct the filming of our monthly video update and to gather stories from teams across the organisation, so a full driving licence and the willingness to travel is a must.
The standard hours are 35 per week, based within our People & Development directorate, at our Burford site in the beautiful Cotswolds.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please read the attached job description or contact Antonia Bairstow for an informal chat (Antonia.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews are scheduled to take place in Burford with an ideal start date of early to mid-November for the successful candidate.
If you are looking to join a charity whose goal is to put pets and people at the heart of everything we do, we want to hear from you.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• a proven track record driving the delivery of an Internal Communications function and strategy
• Ability to demonstrate a level of strategic awareness along with an appreciation and knowledge of the key principles underpinning the organisaiton
• Ability to manage a team, developing talent and high-performance culture
• relevant qualification or experience in Internal Communications, Public Relations and Marketing
• UK driving licence or equivalent
It would also be great if you had
• Experience of managing, delivering and communicating annual surveys and pulse surveys
• Experience of working in an organisation with large numbers of front line workers who do not have access to digital channels of communication
The first stage will be a telephone interview where we can share more information about the role and find out a bit more about you. Following this, we will invite shortlisted applicants to attend an interview held at our lovely Burford offices.
Closing Date: 16 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.