Pet Health Adviser, Hammersmith animal hospital
Fixed term contract (six months), full time
What is the role?
Our busy Hammersmith animal hospital provides veterinary care for our pets and plays an important role in the Blue Cross charity . Pet Health Advisers are a key role in the effective delivery of our services and in ensuring the best outcome for our patients and their owners by providing the highest level of customer service. They are the link between our clients and the clinical team and will have the ability to build relationships with clients, their pets and all members of the hospital teams.
This is a very mixed roll requiring flexibility and the ability to turn your hand to any task required from providing a friendly, calm and professional welcoming service to assisting with clinical tasks within the hospital and carrying out daily animal care duties.
Pet Health Advisers can adapt to individual clients needs in what is a busy and demanding environment demonstrating empathy and understanding. They have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their owners and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of Blue Cross aims.
This is a full time fixed term contract for six months working 42 hours per week with the possibility of covering weekends and bank holidays. However, due to the nature of the work of Blue Cross and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Good standard of secondary education including English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent
• Experience of dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their enquiries
• Experience of caring for/handling animals
• Understanding of the importance of a clean, comfortable environment for animals
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience of working in a busy reception/front of house environment
• An understanding of IT functions (Word, Outlook, Excel) and social media
It would also be great if you had:
• Previous experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector
• An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation
• Previous experience of a busy hospital/clinic environment
• Qualification in Animal Care or similar
• Qualification in customer service or similar
• Understanding of animal health, wellbeing and behaviour
Want to know more? Great! We have attached the job description for you which provides more details on the role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming response.
Salary: £15,910-£18,500 plus London Weighting Average of £3,954 per annum
Closing Date: 29th November 2019