Animal Welfare Assistant, Southampton rehoming centre
Permanent, full time, two roles available to start 1st November 2019
What is the role?
We are currently recruiting for two Animal Welfare Assistants to work as part of our team delivering a first class customer experience, answering queries and matching and rehoming pets effectively and by presenting a professional and friendly approach both face to face and on the telephone.
Our Blue Cross team members will be passionate about animal welfare and have a desire to help pets and people. We are looking for success orientated individuals who will thrive on the challenge of working in a Blue Cross rehoming centre.
Both roles are permanent full time roles working 42 hours per week on a locally agreed rota including weekends & bank holidays. Due, to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands For full details of this role please read the attached job description.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Valid manual driving licence, this role requires a significant amount of van driving
• Paid or voluntary employment with domestic animals
• Working with members of the public in a customer service environment
• Administrative skills, including computerised systems
• Experience of working to strict health and safety procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Paid or voluntary employment in an animal welfare environment
• Experience of cash handling
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Closing Date: 13 September 2019