Rehoming & Advice Supervisor, Pets at Home Swindon store
6 months fixed term contract, part time (24hrs per week) ideally, we are looking for a work pattern of Sat/Sun/Mon but may be flexible for the right candidate.
What is the role?
You will work with the Senior Rehoming and Advice Unit Supervisor, promoting the work of Blue Cross and in particular, promoting rehoming opportunities for Blue Cross pets.
You will be responsible for developing and supervising a team of volunteers to provide information about Blue Cross rehoming services and general pet care advice in our rehoming and information unit in Pets at Home, Swindon. You will develop and mentor the team to deliver an excellent service with high standards of customer experience.
You and the other Senior Supervisor will be responsible for the rehoming and advice unit and the services it provides.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Working with customers in a busy customer service environment
• Excellent communication, literacy, numeracy, IT and administrative skills
• Supporting fund raising event instore and externally
• Supervision of volunteers
• Cash handling
• Valid manual driving licence
It would also be great if you had:
• Understanding of animal welfare principals and experience of caring for a variety of species
• Understanding and interest in reward-based training and animal behaviour
• Matching and rehoming rescue pets
• Use of social media as a professional medium
• Presentation skills and public speaking
• Running promotional or educational events
• Experience of fundraising
The first stage will be an interview where we can share lots more information on the role and find out a bit more about you. This will be held at the Swindon Rehoming and Advise Unit, Pets at Home, St Margaret’s Retail Park, Swindon, SN3 4ES, 12th or 13th Dec.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
Salary: £15,910 - £17,500 pro rata per annum (based on 42hr week)
Closing date: 9 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.