Pet Health Adviser, Victoria animal hospital
Permanent, full time
What is the role?
Blue Cross Victoria hospital is a busy 24/7 veterinary hospital providing care for pets of owners who can’t afford private veterinary fees. Pet Health Advisers are a key role in the effective delivery of our services and in ensuring the best outcome for our patients and their owners by providing the highest level of customer service. They are the link between our clients and the clinical team and will have the ability to build relationships with clients, their pets and all members of the hospital teams.
This is a very mixed roll requiring flexibility and the ability to turn your hand to any task required from providing a friendly, calm and professional welcoming service to assisting with clinical tasks within the hospital and carrying out daily animal care duties.
Pet Health Advisers are able to adapt to individual clients needs in what is a busy and demanding environment demonstrating empathy and understanding. They have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their owners and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of Blue Cross aims.
This is a full time role of 42 hours per week on a rota covering weekends and Bank Holidays. Due, however, to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Good standard of secondary education including English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent
• Experience of dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their enquiries
• Experience of working in a busy reception/front of house environment
• An understanding of IT functions (Word, Outlook, Excel) and social media
• Experience of caring for/handling animals
• Understanding of the importance of a clean, comfortable environment for animals
• Ability to work under pressure
It would also be great if you had:
• Previous experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector
• An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation
• Previous experience of a busy hospital/clinic environment
• Qualification in Animal Care or similar
• Qualification in customer service or similar
• Understanding of animal health, wellbeing and behaviour
Closing Date: 21 October 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.