Middleweight Designer, Burford
12 year fixed term contract, full time
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an in-house Middleweight Designer in our Creative Resources Team, based at our Burford site. The successful candidate will use their considerable design skills to lead on varied projects and offer creative and brand support to all areas of the charity.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Producing and delivering creative and impactful design and artwork
• Leading on design projects
• Pitching concepts
• Supporting the correct, effective use of brand
• Collaborating with copywriters and other designers to produce the best work possible
• Supporting teams with print buying
• Inspiring colleagues with exciting, effective ideas
• Maintaining and developing excellent relationships with other teams in the organisation
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Excellent skills and capability in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to create imaginative, engaging designs
• Strong understanding of brand
• Experience of creating direct marketing and advertising campaigns
• Used to working in a busy environment and managing multiple projects
• Confident in presenting
• Attention to detail and creative flair
It would also be great if you:
• Had experience of using a photo library for image research
• Had digital design skills
• Were comfortable with learning new software skills
• Were open to sharing knowledge and inspiring others
Want to know more? Great! We have attached the job description which will provide you with more detailed information.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held virtually.
Salary: £23,220 - £27,000 per annum
Closing date: 12th August 2020
Interview Dates: Week commencing 31st August 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.