Media Officer, Hugh Street, Victoria, London
Permanent, full time
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly creative, motivated and success-driven person with proven PR or journalism skills to join a passionate team as we continue to raise the profile of leading pet charity Blue Cross.
The role Media Officer is to raise the profile of Blue Cross as a leading pet charity by securing widespread media coverage and effectively communicating our aims and objectives, while protecting our reputation.
This is a permanent, full time contract working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Due, however, to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the work load demands. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and lets work together to see if this is the role for you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• A-level education or equivalent
• Qualification in media or journalism desirable
• Demonstrable paid experience as a Media Officer Or Media Assistant, ideally in a charity environment
• Proven track record of quickly spotting, developing and pitching national news stories and/or coming up with and implementing creative ideas in the planning and delivery of national PR campaigns
• Excellent news writing and communication skills
• Building rapport and productive relationships with internal and external contacts, including high profile supporters and celebrities, to maximise impact of campaigns
It would also be great if you had:
• A familiarity and interest in pet care and pet welfare issues
• An understanding of organising and directing photo shoots
• NCTJ qualification
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
Salary: £24,940 - £29,000 per annum
Closing date: 15 January 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
If you are working at our London offices then you will receive the London Weighting Allowance of £3,954 per annum.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.