Finance Business Partner, Burford offices
Permanent, full time
What is the role?
Blue Cross is a growing and dynamic charity with built reputable name through its activities, aiming for every pet to enjoy a healthy life in a happy home.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual, committed to customer service, willing to work with numbers and business partnering the fundraising, marketing and retail directorates.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our Finance Team. You’ll be a leader that can influence the decisions our business makes beyond the numbers. You will work alongside other Finance Business Partner to provide highly relevant insight into business performance acting as a key stakeholder in the decision making process through the provision of risk-adjusted financial information and analysis.
Being a catalyst, You will gain business alignment and drive forward initiatives critical to delivering the business requirements. Your negotiation and analytical capabilities will support effective financial planning and analysis and provide business expertise into accounting processes, while providing leadership, build relationships, demonstrate commercial awareness, and take the initiative when required.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Degree level of education or equivalent through relevant training/experience
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
• Business awareness and commercial acumen
• Demonstrated commitment to change and continuous improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex information effectively
• Ability to communicate successfully with non-finance specialists across the organisation and with people at all levels
• Strong influencing and networking skills, with proven ability to work with others to achieve results
• Capable of demonstrating flexibility of priorities to ensure whole team succeeds in its objectives
• Ability to develop innovative ways to improve income generation and support services in area of responsibility and to work under pressure to achieve tight timescales
• Attention to detail
• Previous experience in similar professional capacity
• Sound practical and theoretical knowledge of area of responsibility
• Experience in setting, controlling and managing budgets
• Experience in performance reporting
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and relevant systems and databases
It would also be great if you had:
• Charities SORP accounting
• VAT and Partial Exemption
• Proven ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation using first class interpersonal skills
• Experience of Access Dimensions accounting software
For full details of the role then please read the attached job description. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.