Standby Animal Welfare Assistant, Greater Manchester rehoming advice and behaviour unit
Zero hours contract
What is the role?
We are currently recruiting for a standby Animal Welfare Assistant to work as part of our team delivering a first class customer experience, answering queries and matching and rehoming pets effectively and by presenting a professional and friendly approach both face to face and on the telephone.
Our Blue Cross team members will be passionate about animal welfare and have a desire to help pets and people. We are looking for success orientated individuals who will thrive on the challenge of working in a Blue Cross rehoming and advice unit.
You will be on a zero hour’s contract and therefore you will not have regular hours of work but will be on standby to work shifts as and when required. We are expecting a heavier workload in December 2021 and January 2022.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Valid manual driving licence, this role requires a significant amount of van driving
• Paid or voluntary employment with domestic animals
• Working with members of the public in a customer service environment
• Administrative skills, including computerised systems
• Experience of working to strict health and safety procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
It would also be great if you had:
• Paid or voluntary employment in an animal welfare environment
• Experience of cash handling
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
The recruitment process will be a competency-based interview as well as a practical pet handling exercise.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.