Senior Engineer, Based at Burford offices
Permanent, full Time
We are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes. Our Information Service team have a very important role - we support the organisation and allow it to deliver truly exceptional work to our clients and their pets. We are looking for a knowledgeable and committed Senior I.T. Engineer, to help us support Blue Cross and continue to help pets throughout the UK.
What is the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced I.T. Engineer to join our Information Services team, to provide outstanding support to colleagues within the Information Services function and the wider Blue Cross organisation. You will form part of a team of 3 senior engineers within the IT Services team, supporting the service desk, assisting our various sites and end users within Blue Cross. We have in place a ticketing system and the Senior Engineer role will be responsible for resolving tickets and providing 3rd line support to the IS teams, administering various back-end systems as assigned, plus delivering small projects.
The successful candidate will have strong Windows and networking skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical details at the appropriate level. If you like variety then this is the role for you, each day will certainly be different, helping to both develop the Information Service function and deliver outstanding services to our end users. We have a large office in Burford, 3 veterinary hospitals located in London, 1 in Grimsby, 16 rehoming centres and 54 retail units across the country. The role could involve working at any one of these site during a typical day.
The Information Services team is made up of three teams being responsible for the technical, application and data reporting. As a member of the IT Services technical team, there will be an element of travel to our various sites and occasional out of hours working, with some working from home. We will fully support training to further develop your career.
Based at Burford with occasional homeworking supported when agreed with line manager. Working hours in line with the Blue Cross Flexible working policy 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. with core hours 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., 5 days a week (35 hours per week).
What is required?
We are looking for a person with the following experience:
• Experienced in a similar role working with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and 2016.
• Experience of switching environment including Cisco, HP and Dell switches.
• Experience of installing equipment and devices in various site locations across the UK.
• Experience of AV solutions and endpoint device management.
• Experience in patch management, plus the test and release process.
• Demonstratable experience of Microsoft Hyper-V or similar, Active Directory Users and Computers. Administration and GPO creation.
• Experience of using backup and recovery systems.
• Demonstratable experience of Cloud Azure and AWS environments, Virtual environments Hyper-V or VMware, LAN, WAN, Server, Enterprise storage solutions and PowerShell.
• An excellent understanding of IP technologies, both for network and VoIP solutions. DHCP / DNS, Static and dynamic configurations.
• Experience of configuring IP based devices, telephony and switches.
• A full driving license with the ability to travel to remote sites. Company vehicles are provided as required.
It would also be great if you had:
• Proven capability in writing clearly, concisely and professionally for liaising with end-users and compiling technical designs, installation instructions, support documentation and instructions
• MCSA or above, or suitable technical IT qualification.
• ITIL Foundation V3 or above.
• Demonstratable experience of cloud migrations, Saas solutions and working / managing 3rd party cloud providers.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
Please note that due to current circumstances, initial interviews may be held via Skype calls.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
Salary: £33,071 - £38,455 per annum
Closing date: 23rd May
Starting date: This position will commence no earlier than 1st July 2020, and may be subject to change as Blue Cross responds to the evolving Covid-19 situation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.