Standby Hospital Phone Operator, London animal hospitals
Zero hour contract
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
What is the role?
The Blue Cross hospitals provide 24/7 veterinary care for pets whose owners can’t afford private veterinary fees. Hospital Phone Operators are often the first point of contact for our clients, and are essential in providing information to owners and triaging health concerns over the phone. They share general health care advice, and information about registration, Blue Cross policies and a wide range of other aspects of Blue Cross and its work. Supporting clients with telephone queries in a calm, professional manner and understanding their needs are integral responsibilities of the role.
Clients can be highly emotive when concerned about their pets, and the Hospital Phone Operators will be able to demonstrate patience and empathy, while still adhering to phone targets and providing the highest level of customer service possible. You will have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their clients and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of Blue Cross aims.
This is a zero-hours contract so shifts would be on an ad hoc basis and may include covering weekends, evenings and late shifts, nights, Bank Holidays and on call. Some home working may also be required.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Experience of responding to a high volume of telephone and email enquiries in a busy customer service environment
• Demonstrable understanding of animal health and welfare principals and knowledge of caring for a variety of species
• Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy
• A calm, confident telephone manner
• An understanding of confidentiality and Data Protection legislation
• Excellent communication, literacy, numeracy, IT and administrative skills including a good knowledge of Windows and MS Office
It would also be great if you had:
• Previous experience of working in the charity/voluntary sector
• Previous experience of a busy hospital/clinic environment
• Qualification in Animal Care or similar
• Qualification in customer service or similar
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process.
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please click on the 'What We Offer' tab or paste the following into your browser: https://jobs.bluecross.org.uk/BlueCross/Benefits
Please be aware that due to the current circumstances with COVID19, interviews will be held virtually.
Salary: £9.99 per hour
Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Interview Dates: Week commencing 17 May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.