Animal Behaviour Coordinator - Lewknor
Job Title: Animal Behaviour Coordinator
Location: Lewknor rehoming centre
Contract Type: Permanent, full time (42 hours)
Closing Date: 28 January 2019
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity arisen for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about the behaviour and welfare of dogs and cats, and sharing this knowledge with others to join our team at Lewknor rehoming centre. The Animal Behaviour Coordinator will support the behaviour team and offer behaviour advice to clients who own Blue Cross pets as well as developing and carry out training and behaviour programmes for pets at the centre.
The standard hours are 42 hours per week working Monday to Friday including some bank holidays.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Valid manual driving licence
• Experience in carrying out behavioural assessments of animals within a rescue environment, particularly dogs
• Significant experience working in a welfare/rehoming environment
• Proven experience of success in training and/or modifying companion animal behaviour, for both dogs and cats
• Administrative skills including computerised systems
It would also be great if you had:
• Relevant degree or equivalent
• Membership of recognised professional pet behaviour body
• Delivery of training and production of training materials
• Supporting, mentoring and developing team members
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Salary £18,060 – £23,940 per annum
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme
• Company Sick Pay
• Life Insurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.