Veterinary Hospital Manager
Job Title: Hospital Manager
Location: Victoria animal hospital
Contract Type: Permanent, full time (35 hours)
Closing Date: 23 January 2019
What is the role?
Blue Cross Victoria hospital is a busy 24/7 veterinary hospital providing care for pets of owners who can’t afford private veterinary fees. A Hospital Manager is required to support the Chief Veterinary Surgeon in the delivery of our veterinary services by ensuring a high standard of customer service, providing strong leadership and managing the support team and promoting and developing volunteers. The Hospital Manager will be responsible for specific areas within the hospital, budgets and the facilities. They will have a genuine desire to improve the lives of pets and their owners and be proactive in the promotion and delivery of Blue Cross aims.
The Hospital Manager will promote the services of the hospital ensuring Blue Cross is actively engaged in the local community, maximising fundraising and income generation and increasing the number of pets Blue Cross helps. This role also involves encouraging a team ethic, promoting efficient processes, having responsibility for specific aspects of the hospital including volunteer management, reception, client services, facilities and building maintenance, financial processes, outreach services and all aspects of hospital administration.
The standard hours are 35 hours per week over 5 days on a locally agreed rota to include weekends and bank holidays.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent
• Current full manual driving licence
• Extensive employment in a management role
• Excellent communication, administration, numeracy and computer skills
• Computer literate and familiar with MS Office
• Effective team management
• Ability to deliver high standards of customer care
• Awareness of health and safety legislation
• Experience of recruiting team members
• Business management experience
• An understanding of budgets and accounts
It would also be great if you had:
• Experience of working in veterinary practice
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Experience of property/buildings management
• Experience of managing workplace Health and Safety
• Events organisation and community engagement
• Experience of volunteer management
What’s in it for me?
Working for Blue Cross is very rewarding; we have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! We value our brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
• Salary £33,180 - £44,940 plus £3,954 London Weighting Allowance per annum
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme
• Company Sick Pay
• Life Insurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role please read the attached job description.